Help us protect Louisiana's children. Report Child Abuse & Neglect: 1-855-4LA-KIDS (1-855-452-5437) toll-free, 24 hours a day, seven days a week
DCFS is working to keep children safe, helping individuals and families become self-sufficient and providing safe refuge during disasters.
Emergency Preparedness Prioritized Emergency Preparedness Strategic Goals
- Develop and maintain a good working relationship with Local, State and Federal stakeholders.
- In coordination with the Governor's Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness, the American Red Cross, and local Office of Emergency Preparedness directors continue to identify potential locations and resources to reach in-state shelter independence for citizens that will need government-sponsored assistance to evacuate the coastline of the state.
- Improve / Maintain staff readiness in ESF-6 responsibilities.
- Sustain / Improve logistical readiness.
- Establish and develop a program within DCFS to respond to Recovery Support Function missions stated in the Louisiana Disaster Recovery Framework.
Emergency Preparedness Roles
In accordance with the State Emergency Operations Plan, the Louisiana Department of Children and Family Services has primary responsibility for coordinating with local, parish and tribal governments, state and federal entities, supporting agencies and non-governmental organizations to address non-medical mass care, emergency assistance, housing and human services needs of disaster victims.
DCFS is responsible for managing state Critical Transportation Needs Shelters, Medical Special Needs Shelters, Sex Offender Shelter, and Unaccompanied Minor Shelter while providing staff and resources to General Population Shelters upon request.
|Emergency Preparedness Team
|Deputy Director/Operations Chief
|Admin & Finance Chief
|SGM Melvin Jackson
|New Orleans Region
|MAJ Jessica Lacoste
|New Orleans Region
|COL Jonathan Ball
Baton Rouge Region
|MSG Brandon Migues
Lake Charles Region
|CSM Todd Maxwell