Help us protect Louisiana's children. Report Child Abuse & Neglect: 1-855-4LA-KIDS (1-855-452-5437) toll-free, 24 hours a day, seven days a week
The Louisiana Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS) is announcing the creation of a Foster Caregiver Advisory Board (FCAB). The deadline for applications for prospective board members is March 18.
DCFS values the voices of the families we serve, and this board will provide a platform for certified caregivers to partner with the agency to improve policy and practice. This is one of the ways DCFS is seeking to live out its values: Treating all people with dignity, compassion and respect, while providing services with integrity.
The advisory board will assist the department with establishing or altering policy and practice by providing critical feedback from the perspectives of certified foster parents and relative caregivers. The FCAB will carry out its work through three subcommittees: Communication, Policy, and Support and Training. Members will be selected from each region of the state and will represent the diversity of the foster families served by the department.
- Currently certified as either a foster parent or relative caregiver
- Certified for at least one year as a foster parent, or 6 months as a relative caregiver
- In good standing with the department (not under corrective action)
- Cared for at least one placement
- Commit to serve an initial one- or two-year term
- Expect to participate in subcommittee meetings monthly and FCAB meetings every other month
For more information, contact Amanda.Brunson@la.gov.