Help us protect Louisiana's children. Report Child Abuse & Neglect: 1-855-4LA-KIDS (1-855-452-5437) toll-free, 24 hours a day, seven days a week
The Division of Family Support assists families with needed assistance programs through Economic Stability with Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP - formerly Food Stamps), Kinship Care Subsidy Program (KCSP), and the Family Independence Temporary Assistance Program (FITAP), Child Support Enforcement services, Disability Determination Services and Workforce Development.
|Family Independence Temporary Assistance (FITAP)|
|Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP - formerly Food Stamp Program)|
|Kinship Care Subsidy (KCSP)|
Three Ways to Apply
- Apply online on the Louisiana CAFÉ Customer Portal.
- Apply by phone by calling 1-888-LAHELP-U (888-524-3578)
- Download and complete a print application.
- Fax, mail or deliver a completed application.
- Fax Number:
- Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 260031
Baton Rouge, LA 70826
- Find the nearest ES office
- Fax Number:
You may also contact DCFS at 1-888-LAHELP-U (1-888-524-3578) for information on all programs and assistance on how to apply.
What happens after I apply?
- Gather your verification items needed.
- No matter how you apply, you can call 1-888-LAHELP-U to complete your new application interview at your convenience
Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Your eligibility will be determined based on your interview and the needed vertification provided.
- A letter will be mailed to you that will tell you if you are eligible or not. If eligible, this letter will tell you the amount of your benefits, which will be paid back to the date of your application.
- If you applied for FITAP, you may be required to participate in the Strategies to Empower People (STEP) program, which provides opportunities for work-eligible FITAP families to recieve job training, employment and supportive services.
How are Benefits Distributed?
- Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) - the electronic method of delivering Family Independence Temporary Assistance Program (FITAP), Kinship Care Subsidy Program (KCSP) and SNAP benefits to recipients.
Your Rights Regarding SNAP
Three Ways to Report Fraud