Help us protect Louisiana's children. Report Child Abuse & Neglect: 1-855-4LA-KIDS (1-855-452-5437) toll-free, 24 hours a day, seven days a week
Mandated Reporter - Online Report Guidelines
Reports that CANNOT be reported online are listed below and SHALL be reported by calling the hotline toll-free at 1-855-4LA-KIDS (855-452-5437):
- Child fatality
- Drug/alcohol exposed newborn
- Human trafficking
- Life-threatening injury
- Save Haven
- Sexual abuse with access to the perpetrator in the home
- Emergency situations that require immediate attention
If you make a report online please ensure you include as much specific information as possible.
- Identifying information for the family to include names, addresses, phone numbers, schools/daycares (if applicable).
- Specific information about the reason for your report and as much information that you know about the alleged abuse/neglect, what lead up to the abuse/neglect, and how it came to your attention.
- The location of the child.
- How the child functions on a daily basis.
- How the caretaker interacts and disciplines with the child.
- How the caretaker functions in his or her daily life.
Follow-up written reports to a verbal report can be submitted online using the online reporting system.
- Answer the prescreen questions.
- Fill out reporter identifying information.
- Select the option This Report is: "Follow Up on oral report to DCFS".
- In the Initial Report Date field, enter the date of the original oral report.
- Fill out the remaining fields with the information that you initially made orally.
DO NOT enter any new or different information that was reported orally (see below)
What is the difference in Follow-up Reports versus Additional Information Reports?
- Follow-up Reports provide the information previously reported via the hotline.
- Additional Information Reports provide new information that was obtained since the original report that may require additional action by the agency. Additional Information Reports should not be marked as a Follow-up Report.