Help us protect Louisiana's children. Report Child Abuse & Neglect: 1-855-4LA-KIDS (1-855-452-5437) toll-free, 24 hours a day, seven days a week
Bureau of Audit and Compliance Services
Bureau of Audit and Compliance
- Independently appraises activities of DCFS as a service to management. The primary objectives are to increase the assurance that assets are safeguarded against loss from unauthorized use or disposition; that transactions are executed according to management´s authority and recorded properly to allow the preparation of financial statements; that operating efficiency is promoted; and that compliance is maintained with prescribed federal and state laws, regulations, and management policies.
- Examines and evaluates the adequacy and effectiveness of the system of internal control and the quality of performance in carrying out assigned responsibilities.
- Ensures that equal access and delivery of services and equal employment opportunity exist in all activities administered by DCFS, either directly or by contract. DCFS (and its entities, contractors, vendors, offices, etc.) is required by federal law to comply with Title VI and Title VII of the 1964 Civil Rights Act, as amended.
- Ensures departmental compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended.
- Interprets and develops policies and procedures to implement and enforce these laws and also provides equal opportunity employment data to the Secretary.