Help us protect Louisiana's children. Report Child Abuse & Neglect: 1-855-4LA-KIDS (1-855-452-5437) toll-free, 24 hours a day, seven days a week
BATON ROUGE - The Louisiana Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS) received approval today from the federal Food and Nutrition Service (FNS) for an additional ZIP code in Evangeline Parish that was impacted by recent floods to be added to the third phase of Disaster Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (DSNAP). Beginning today, residents living in Evangeline Parish ZIP code 70589 may also apply for DSNAP.
DSNAP is now approved for residents of Evangeline Parish ZIP codes 70515, 70524, 70535, 70554, 70576, 70586, and 70589.
DSNAP operations are open through Saturday, September 10, from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. for the following parishes (*denotes update):
- Evangeline Parish ZIP codes 70515, 70524, 70535, 70554, 70576, 70586, and 70589*
- Mamou Recreation Center, 98 Main St., Mamou
- Iberville Parish
- St. Gabriel Community Center, 1400 Gordon S. LeBlanc Dr., St. Gabriel
- Jefferson Davis Parish
- Immaculate Conception Catholic Church, 515 Bryant St., Jennings
- St. James Parish ZIP codes 70052, 70071, 70723, 70743, and 70763
- St. James Reception Hall, 2455 Hwy 18, Vacherie
- St. Martin Parish
- Magnolia Park Recreational Center, 100 Northside Park Drive, St. Martinville
- Washington Parish ZIP codes 70427 (southwestern tip), 70431, 70438, and 70450
- Hillcrest Baptist Church, 2201 Washington St., Franklinton
- West Baton Rouge Parish
- Louis Mouch Jr. Multi-Purpose Center, 152 Turner Rd., Port Allen
- West Feliciana Parish
- Independence Community Center, 10498 Hwy 965, St. Francisville
St. Tammany Parish western parts of ZIP codes 70435 and 70437, and in the immediate vicinity of the Tchefuncte River in 70433 will have a DSNAP site open from Tuesday, September 6, through Friday, September 9, from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. at Magnolia Park Recreation Center District 12, 13296 Hwy 40 in Folsom.
To minimize wait times, applicants and anyone who pre-registered for benefits must go to the DSNAP location on the day indicated by the first letter of their last name.
- Wednesday, September 7 G-N
- Thursday, September 8: O-Z
- **Friday, September 9: A-K applicants unable to make prior scheduled day
- Saturday, September 10: L-Z applicants unable to make prior scheduled day
**St. Tammany Parish western parts of ZIP codes 70435 and 70437, and in the immediate vicinity of the Tchefuncte River in 70433 will follow the same DSNAP alphabet schedule Tuesday through Thursday of next week, and will serve letters A-Z on Friday, September 9. St. Tammany will NOT have a DSNAP site open on Saturday, September 10.
Residents are encouraged to pre-register for DSNAP online at www.dcfs.la.gov/preregister or by phone at 1-888-LAHELP-U (1-888-524-3578) before visiting a DSNAP location. The DCFS Call Center will be available Tuesday, September 6, through Friday, September 9, from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and on Saturday, September 10, from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. for residents to pre-register by phone.
Pre-registration is not a DSNAP application, but helps to expedite the time spent at a DSNAP site.
Accommodations will be made for the elderly and those with disabilities to reduce on-site wait times, but we strongly encourage these residents to name an Authorized Representative to visit a DSNAP site and complete an application on their behalf.
Authorized Representatives must bring a picture ID and the picture ID of the applicant/head of household they represent. They will also need a signed statement from the applicant/head of household or an adult household member authorizing them as a representative who can apply on their household's behalf
DSNAP is only for eligible residents in designated areas who have been impacted by the flood, but who are NOT receiving SNAP benefits. SNAP recipients should NOT visit a DSNAP site.
DSNAP eligibility is not based solely on income. Eligibility is determined by a household's income that has been or is expected to be received from August 10 through September 8, available cash on hand, such as balances in checking and savings accounts, and disaster related expenses paid from August 10 through September 8.
For more information about DSNAP, visit www.dcfs.la.gov/DSNAP. For the latest news, fact sheets, fliers and other downloadable DSNAP information, visit the DCFS Disaster Resources webpage at www.dcfs.la.gov/disaster.
*This release has been updated as eligible DSNAP ZIP codes were approved.